Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Dienstag, 26. April 2016

Look of the day & (imperfect) dupe

I am currently living in the law library of my university.
While I do enjoy shocking other frequent inhabitants with a bold dark red or purple lip from time to time, the natural look is my go to look at the moment. I also think it might be time to move on from my autumn/winter colours, now that spring should finally be here. (Although the wether is currently trying to convince me that it is autumn. Viva the Netherlands.)




Face:
Kiko Skin Tone Corrector Primer in green
Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream SPF 50 in Fair P2 cosmetics glow touch compact blush in touch of peony
Eyes:
Catrice Glam & Doll Volume Mascara in Waterproof
No7 Extreme Length Mascara in Waterproof
Lips: Mac Creme in your coffee







I am currently absolutely in love with Mac's Creme in your coffee.
Therefore, I was psyched yesterday when I went through my (abnormally extensive) lipstick stash and found a cheap lipstick I had picked up in Germany a while ago, that actually resembles Creme in your coffee a lot.

I am talking about the P2 Full Shine Lipstick in the colour 090 Come Out With Me.

Without flash; left: P2, right: Mac
With flash; top: Mac, bottom: P2














Unfortunately, it's not a perfect dupe. The P2 lipstick is a little bit more rosey and its formula is much more buttery than the Mac lipstick. I like to think of it as the Lustre version of Creme in your coffee (which has a cremesheen finish).

Another negative point for the P2 lipstick is its staying power. Since the finish is so buttery, it feels like a balm on the lips, which is very nice. However, this also leads to the lipstick being gone after about an hour and also after every time you eat or drink something. The different finish and the difference in quality to the mac lipstick are very apparent.

On the other hand, the P2 lipstick costs less than 3 euro. Seriously. Besides Essence lipsticks, this is the P2 lispsticks are the most affordable lipsticks I know. Unfortunately, I think that the brand P2 is only available in Germany, I am not sure about this though. If you have seen P2 in other countries, please let me know!

Since I have very dry lips, and also a pretty small budget, I will keep the P2 Come Out With Me lipstick as a spare for my Mac Creme in your coffee!

Do you know any other dupes for Mac Creme in your coffee?

Xoxo,
stay adorable!

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen